May 15 2017 10:00 AM
May 15 2017 11:30 AM
Biography: Dr. Ken-ichi Aika
Professor Emeritus, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Deputy Program Director "Energy Carrier"
Cross-ministerial Strategic Innovation Promotion Program (SIP)
Bachelor of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech.), 1964; Master of Engineering, Tokyo Tech., 1966; Doctor of Engineering, Tokyo Tech., 1969 (Prof. Ozaki)
1969(4)-74(8), Research Associate, Research Laboratory of Resources Utilization, Tokyo Tech. (Prof. Ozaki)
1974(9)-75(10), Research Associate, Princeton University (Prof. Turkevich)
1975(11)-77(6), Research Associate, Texas A&M University (Prof. Lunsford)
1977(7)-81(2), Research Associate, Research Laboratory of Resource Utilization, Tokyo Tech.
1981(3)-92(2), Associate Professor, Research Laboratory of Resources Utilization, Tokyo Tech.
1992(2)-05(3) Professor, Dept. Environmental Chem. & Engineering,
Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Technology, Tokyo Tech.
2000(4)-02(3), Dean of the Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Technology
2002(4)-05(3) Director of Frontier Collaborative Research Center, Tokyo Tech.
2005(4)-present Professor Emeritus, Tokyo Tech.
2005(4)-12(6) Senior Managing Director, Foundation for the Promotion of Science and Engineering
2007(4)-12(3) @ Professor, Director The Study Center at Setagaya Tokyo, The Open University of Japan
2012(4)-present Visiting Professor, The Open University of Japan
2013(7)-14(6) Program Officer, Research Office of Energy Carrier, Advanced Low Carbon Technology Agency Research and Development Program, Japan Science and Technology Agency
2014(7)-present Deputy Program Director "Energy Carrier" Cross-ministerial Strategic Innovation Promotion Program (SIP)
Research Award from Ministry of Education, Science and Culture 2003 (Study on highly effective ruthenium catalysts for ammonia synthesis).
Japanese Catalysis Society Award 1998 (Ammonia synthesis over ruthenium catalysts).
RITE Innovative Research Award 1992 (Ethylene production from methane and CO2).
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF INTEREST
Technical adviser, Catalysis (Activation of N2, CO, CH4, C2H6), Surface Chemistry, Reaction Engineering, Environmental Catalysis, De-NOx Reaction, Ammonia Synthesis, Oxidative Coupling of Methane, Natural Gas Conversion, Methanol Synthesis, Surface Characterization.
- Taketoshi Minato, Yasuyuki Sainoo, Yousoo Kim, Hiroyuki S. Kato, Ken-ichi Aika, Maki Kawai, Jin Zhao, Hrvoje Petek, Tian Huang, Wei He, Bing Wang, Zhuo Wang, Yan Zhao, Jinlong Yang, and J. G. Hou, The electronic structure of oxygen atom vacancy and hydroxyl impurity defects on titanium dioxide (110) surface, J. Chem. Phys., 130, 124502-124511 (2009).
- Jafar Sadeghzadeh Ahari, Reza Ahmadi, Hitoshi Mikami, Koji Inazu, Saeed Zarrinpashne, Shinichi Suzuki, Ken-ichi Aika, Application of a simple kinetic model for the oxidative coupling of methane to the design of effective catalysts, Catal. Today, 145, 45-54 (2009)
- Yasuo Izumi, Dilshad Masih, Ken-ichi Aika, Yoshimi Seida, "Erratum to "Creation of Micro and Mesoporous FeIII Materials utilizing Organic Template followed by Carboxylates Exchange for the Low Concentrations of Arsenite Removal", Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 99(3), 355 (2007)
- Yasuo Izumi, Kazushi Konishi, Masayasu Tsukahara, Diaa Mosbah Obaid, and Ken-ichi Aika, Selective Butanol Synthesis over Rhodium-Molybdenum Catalysts Supported in Ordered Mesoporous Silica", Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 111(27), 10073 - 10081 (2007)
- Dilshad Masih, Yasuo Izumi, Ken-ichi Aika, and Yoshimi Seida, "Optimization of an Iron Intercalated Montmorillonite Preparation for the Removal of Arsenic at Low Concentrations", Engineering in Life Sciences, 7(1), 52 - 60 (2007)
- O2 catalysts, J. Catal., 234, 263-269 (2006).
- Kazuhiro Takanabe, Ken-ichi Aika, K. Seshan, Leon Lefferts, Catalyst deactivation during steam reforming of acetic acid over Pt/ZrO2, Chem. Eng. J., 120, 133-137 (2006).