Subject: Postdoc position in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics
One postdoc position in computational biology/structural bioinformatics is available at the KAUST Catalysis Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia (http://www.kaust.edu.sa). The position is offered in the group of Prof. Luigi Cavallo (http://kc2l.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/Home.aspx).
The applicant should have a good research expertise in modeling biological systems, with a specific emphasis on MD simulations, protein-protein docking, homology modeling. Since developing new methods will be part of the job, priority will be given to candidates with expertise in programming. The ability and interest to pursue challenging, interdisciplinary problems, and the ability to deliver proof-of-concept results are essential. Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to work in applied research, who are comfortable working in strict collaboration with colleagues, and are willing to be directly responsible for their project are encouraged to apply. To have an idea of the working activity, check the papers below:
1. Theoretical Characterization of the H-Bonding and Stacking Potential of Two Nonstandard Nucleobases Expanding the Genetic Alphabet. J. Phys. Chem. B 2016, 120, 2216.
2. CONSRANK: a server for the analysis, comparison and ranking of docking models based on inter-residue contacts. Bioinformatics 2015, 31, 1481.
3. Stability and halide selectivity of the fluoride riboswitch explained. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 299.
4. Higher order structural effects stabilizing the reverse Watson-Crick Guanine- Cytosine base pair in functional RNAs. Nucl. Acids Res. 2014, 42, 714.
5. Using a consensus approach based on the conservation of inter-residue contacts to rank CAPRI models. Proteins 2013, 81, 2210.
Only applicants with the following qualifications will be considered.
A recent Ph.D. degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or a related field. Experience with MD and docking codes Proficiency in at least one programming language. Working experience in compiling and running programs in Linux environment Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Good judgment, independency at work, clear sense of purpose, and accountability.
Appointment, salary and benefits:
The initial appointment is for one year renewable upon mutual agreement up to three years. Salary is highly competitive, no tax paid to Saudi Arabia. Benefits include free fully furnished housing, free high standard medical and dental insurance. The KAUST is located on the red sea shore, close to Jeddah in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Campus life at the KAUST is vibrant, with impressive
recreational facilities that include restaurants, fully equipped gyms, swimming pools, basket, volley and soccer fields, a private beach with scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing and windsurfing facilities, and a 9 holes golf course. The read sea coral reef is only 1 hour boat from campus.
Applications should include a CV and contact information of at least two